It’s the most wonderful time of the year, when parties, fine food and tipple abounds. Rather than rely on the usual spirit and mixers, why not indulge in some of Lincolnshire Today’s favourite concoctions.
Turkish delight gin cocktail
This delightful tipple conjures the heady spirit of Christmas with its sweet and floral rose accents.
- Pour 2 measures gin, 175ml cranberry guide, 1tsp honey and 1/4tsp rosewater into a highball glass.
- Stir with a bar soon until the honey has dissolved.
- Add ice cubes, 1tsp pomegranate seeds and 1/4tsp dried rose petals, then stir again.
- Decorate with more rose petals and serve immediately with a straw.
Sherry, Armagnac & Drambuie bitters
Three quintessential party flavours collide for one of Christmas’ best nightcaps.
- Pour two measures Armagnac, ½ measure Amontillado sherry, 1tsp Angostura bitters and ½ measure Drambuie into an ice-filled lowball glass.
- Stir with a spoon.
- Decorate with a wedge of orange and service immediately.
Plum & ginger whisky fizz
Enjoyed at a party or as a digestive after the yuletide lunch, this pokey party punch is just the ticket.
- Place six ripe plums, roughly chopped, a large piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced, 2tbsp granulated sugar and three whole cloves into a saucepan. Cook over a low heat for five minutes. Leave to cool.
- Place the mixture into a sterilised, sealable jaw. Add 350ml whiskey and mixer. Seal and leave in a cool place for 1 week.
- After a week, pour the whiskey through a fine sieve and the strain through a coffee filter. Once strained, pour back into its bottle.
- Place two measures of the whiskey into an ice-filled cocktail shaker.
- Add one measure of lemon juice to the shaker. Shake vigorously until well frosted, then pour into an ice-filled highball glass. Top up with 175ml soda water and decorate with a lemon slice.