Essential workers self-isolating can now book a test for Coronavirus.
Testing is available for:
- All essential workers who are experiencing symptoms. This includes those working in health and social care or providing essential public services.
- Anyone over 65 with symptoms.
- Anyone with symptoms who cannot work from home (for example, construction workers, shop workers, emergency plumbers and delivery drivers).
- Anyone who has symptoms of Coronavirus and lives with any of those identified above.
The following groups are also eligible for testing:
- Social care workers and residents in care homes both to investigate outbreaks and, following successful pilots, as part of a rolling programme to test all care homes.
- NHS workers and patients without symptoms, in line with NHS England guidance.
How to book a test
The county has a static testing site and mobile units that visit various locations based on booked demand. After booking a test online, you will be offered a test appointment at your nearest available (or a home test kit if appropriate).
If you’re not an essential worker you cannot apply for a test.