St Barnabas Hospice will be holding its 21st Torchlight Procession in Lincoln next week with supporters being given the opportunity to dedicate a light in memory of a loved one.
The procession will commence from Claytons Sports Ground on Lee Road at 7.30pm on Tuesday, November 23rd, with several road closures in place during the event.
The event is an opportunity for the community to come together to reflect and remember. Participants will line up together in lanes where torches will be lit before the procession is led by the RAF Waddington Pipe band, finishing at the Cathedral.
The Fire Service will be present at the start and will follow the procession to the Cathedral and assist with extinguishing all torches at Exchequer Gate. A service of celebration and reflection will then take place at the West Front of the Cathedral where the Tree of Life will be illuminated. There will also be a virtual, pre-recorded Light up a Life church service available on the night on our website from 7pm.
Needless to say, the event is open to all not just those touched by Hospice care.
- 7pm – Runners arrive at Our Lady of Lincoln
- 7pm – Claytons Sport Ground opens
- 7:30pm – Torchlight Procession starts
- 8:10pm – Approx. – Last torch extinguished at Exchequer Gate
- 8:15pm – Blessing to start at the Lincoln Cathedral
- 9pm – Finish
Road Closures & No Waiting / No Loading At any Time Orders in place on:
- Lee Road – Wragby Road to Nettleham Road
- Nettleham Road – Lee Road to Priory Gate
- Priory gate – Nettleham Road to Wragby Road
- Church Lane – Nettleham Road to Newport
- Eastgate – Nettleham Road to Greetwell Gate
- Newport – Bailgate to Rasen Lane
- Castle Hill – Exchequer Gate
- Minster Yard
PERIOD OF RESTRICTIONS: 23/11/2021 (19:00 Hrs to 21:00 Hrs)
(Restrictions to be implemented when required in each location during this period, signage detailing accurate dates and times will be displayed on site in advance).
The following roads will be reopened when the Safety Officer has been advised that the procession cleared:
- Lee Road.
- Nettleham Road up to the Church Lane junction.
- Church Lane.
- Bailgate up to Westgate junction