The Pathfinder Rides is an event supporting and endorsed by The International Bomber Command Centre in Lincoln.
It is not a sportive because you can start from wherever you want and cycle for as long or as short a journey as you wish.
It is an adventure, an unusual and exciting experience, an opportunity for recognition, remembrance and reconciliation by cyclists of all ages and abilities.
For CLUB CYCLISTS, it’s the opportunity for a weekend club ride with a difference, perhaps over two days? But either way, it’s a ride focussing the efforts and thoughts of your team on the teams of 80 years ago who made the ultimate sacrifice.
The Pathfinder Rides will take place in July 2022, culminating in a Grand Arrival at the International Bomber Command Centre in Lincoln over the weekend of 23rd and 24th July 2022, when the IBCC will open itself up to the Lincolnshire, UK and International Cycling Communities.
- For your start point, choose a location significant to Bomber Command. For example, for your club it could be Lincoln Cathedral itself – beacon to returning bombers during the war. Try this link for suggested starting points.
- You register online. Try this link for extra information about taking part.
- You get on your bike and blog your ride from your start point to the IBCC, ensuring that you arrive during the weekend of 23rd and 24th July 2022. Check out the Social Media Hub here.
£20 per rider or £45 for a family.
Please note that all profits from this event will go directly to the International Bomber Command Centre to ensure they can continue their research work.
What can riders expect at the Grand Arrival
Riders can arrive anytime on either Saturday 23rd or Sunday 24th July 2022, between 10:00 and 16:00.
- Secure bike parking.
- A professional photograph of you and your team adjacent to the IBCC Spire.
- A medal for every competitor.
- Restaurant facilities and BBQ.
- Massage facilities.
- Roving cycle mechanic in the case of mechanical issues on your final approach.
- RAF Flypast.
- Guided visits to the memorial and pre-bookable museum visits.
- Last but by no means least is the opportunity to meet and share your ride experiences with other like-minded riders in the presence of RAF representatives, cyclists and their families.
The event will close each day with a brief moment of reflection for those who made the ultimate sacrifice.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org