The National College, multi-award-winning provider of remote video CPD for school leaders & teachers, has launched an app to help schools fully embrace remote professional development following the COVID-19 crisis.
During this time of uncertainty, schools across the UK have turned to The National College in order to stay up to date with the latest DfE guidance and statutory training – and are currently completing some 2 million minutes of CPD per month. This trend is a result of three key issues:
- Covid-19 risks and restrictions mean that schools are seeking alternatives to face-to-face training.
- Staff schedules are too busy to accommodate extra training.
- Schools do not have enough resources to complete CPD, including statutory training.
The new app provides school leaders, teachers and all school staff with the perfect way to overcome barriers posed by lockdown and school closures, as well as the shortage of resources that may well be present under normal circumstances.
By providing high-quality video CPD on the go, educators can also continue to pursue their professional development anytime, anywhere.
App features for member schools include:
- Instant access to hundreds of TNC’s online webinars and courses, developed by education experts
- An interface which school leaders have described as ‘Netflix-style’, with easy-to-access content and search functionality
- Ability to personalise content and create a bespoke training space, reflecting roles, responsibilities and areas of interest
- Notification of new training, helping the user to keep abreast of changes in the education sector
- Full synchronisation with The National College website, so users can pick up where they left off on any device
- A voting option, enabling the user to help determine future training, shaping products and services
Joseph Stoney, co-founder of The National College, said: “The app overcomes any safety concerns around face-to-face training sessions and inset days, as well as saving schools the time and costs of travel and accommodation.
“This transition from physical to digital training in schools has already been evidenced by the November 2nd Inset day, which saw our members watch around 105,000 minutes of video CPD.
“But with this resource, we’re taking it one step further. Now the entire school workforce will be able to complete CPD courses on the go, saving them time and keeping them up-to-date with those all-important updates from the Department for Education.”